Friday, December 21, 2012

Blossom Tag


It's Friday evening! Are the presents wrapped, cookies baked, all preparations completed?  Good for you.  If not, you probably need a little break. Come sit down for a minute.
A little break here from all of the Christmas art and cards that are everywhere right now.  I am  showing a large tag using one of the new releases by Red Rubber Designs.  The stamp set I used is Blossoms and Blessings. This set includes 8 stamps including 3 blossoms, 2 leaves, and 3 sentiments.

The papers and small tags that I used are from the Amberly Grace Patterned Cardstock Collection and the Pemberly Bay Matchbook Kit.

The large blossom has been stamped, embossed and fussy cut. For the center of the blossom I used copper colored micro beads.

The stem for the bud as well as the embellishments by the leaves is copper wire from an old light fixture. A small strip of rusty wire screen finishes off the corner.

I am entering this in the Try It On Tuesday "lucky dip"challenge.  I used die cuts, ribbon, distressing, and a stamped image.

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful holiday.
Merry Christmas!

12 comments:

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Gorgeous use of this stamp, Sarah. Love the embossed color.
Have a merry Christmas, Girlfriend!:)

Claudia N. said...

Soooo beautiful, Sarah!

Thank you for providing that wonderful "brake". Love everything: the colours, the wire, the embossing... and how you put all the elements together to create so much loveliness!

Thank you for joining us at TioT!

A Merry X-mas to you!

Hugs,
Claudia xx

Words and Pictures said...

Oh Sarah, this is lovely! The colours are just perfect (well, I would think that - brown&blue is my favourite!)... and I love the movement you've created with your layers and layout, and the texture of those paper edges. Gorgeous!
Have a wonderful Christmas!
Alison xx

Kate Yetter said...

So pretty, Sarah! I really love this tag. The colors are beautiful and so are all the flowers! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Robin said...

Oh my, this is a beautiful tag! The colors and textures are fantastic, and I just love the added copper.

Hugs,
Robin

Maggie said...

Gorgeous card love the colour combo one of my favourites!

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

Ooooh, pretty, Sarah. I'm just now getting to look at everyone's blog posts. I love this tag, and that is one of my favorite patterned paper collections. Great jobs. I hardly ever think to do tags. Love it! Happy New Year!

Angela Weimer said...

Such a Beautiful project. I love the color combo and complete design. Its fabulous. Thanks for joining us at TIOT and have a wonderful holiday season.Angela

My name is Cindy said...

Yummy yummy yummy - love the colours, the design ... and it looks so fresh and different whilst still being vintage and 'stressed' as my mum calls it. Thanks for joining us at TioT. Cindy (Happy New Year!!)

Cynthia Schelzig said...

What a fabulous tag!!

Words and Pictures said...

So happy to see this win at TIOT - I really love it... congratulations!
Alison xx

maj. said...

So wonderful tag ,I love your papers and the colours!